Sometimes in life things are out of your control. It’s impossible to control other people’s actions and choices. All you can do is choose to live your life in a meaningful way. Here are five things I choose to do in an affirmative way from now on:
1. I will help other people if they choose to receive that. I will be there as a support to the people around me. Though I will not sacrifice my well-being for people, I will make every effort to help someone in need, friend or not.
2. I will help myself when I need it. When I want something to change, I will make it change. Even if what I want to change is very hard. In the end, I will regret not making the right choice for myself.
3. I will approach situations in a positive manner. Even when life gives you terrible situations there is almost always a positive that can be taken out of it. Life does not have to be pessimistic and it does not have to be lonely. I’ve found in my life there is always something to do, somewhere to be and someone to see.
4. I will give people the benefit of the doubt until I am proven wrong. This is one of the biggest things that hinders my happiness. Often times I see too much within people and see that intentions are not always good. But intentions and actions are two separate things. I need to separate that and let people make the choices they’re going to make even if it might hurt me or them. It is not in my control or right to tell someone what to do or how to act. I can give advice but I can’t force a situation.
5. I will take time to ensure I am doing things I enjoy in life. Lately, I feel as though I haven’t taken enough time to just be me, and celebrate what I love about myself. I rarely play basketball or tennis anymore. I haven’t done a music performance (other than karaoke) in quite a long time. I will start to enjoy the things that make me happy.
What are some of the things you want to change? Leave your comments below!